A Highly Active and Engaged Community
Being a parent/guardian at our school is synonymous with being a member of the UCDS Parent Guardian Association. It’s an integral part of the UCDS community and works to support the children, faculty, parents/guardians, and programs of the school.
The Parent Guardian Association (PGA) was formed as an unincorporated organization in 1994, in response to a resolution by the UCDS Board of Trustees. The PGA is empowered by the Trustees and its operations are conducted in concert with the broad purposes and goals that the Board has established for UCDS.
The goals of the UCDS Parent Guardian Association are to:
- Create a welcoming and supportive community for UCDS children and their families.
- Support fundraising projects in conjunction with overall school development plans.
- Coordinate volunteer support for UCDS events, activities and programs.
2021-2022 PGA Officers
I was on the Parent Association for four years. It was such great way to learn about UCDS, but more importantly, it was a great way to meet other parents in the school community.
The UCDS Parent Guardian Association Creates Community
The PGA sponsors a number of community-building events throughout the school year. Parent/Guardian volunteers lend their time and expertise to each event. Parent/Guardian volunteers are coordinated by the PGA Officers.
Examples of events sponsored by the PGA:
- Speaker Series
- All-Family Events: Movie Night, Boogie & Glow Dance, and Spring Family Field Day
- PGA Café Meet and Greets
- New Family Receptions
- Parents’ Night Out
- Staff & Faculty Appreciation Lunch
- Apparel Sales
In addition, the PGA supports Grandparents and Special Friend’s Day, Theme Fair, Admission Visit Days, and the school’s annual Auction