Getting to Know Each Other
Our admission process is designed so that we can get to know each applicant individually and evaluate if UCDS is the right fit for a student. Begin the process by following the steps below.
Step 1: Register
UCDS uses Ravenna, a web-based admission system for prospective parents to submit application materials, register for events, track application status, and view decisions online.
Create an account in Ravenna or log in to your existing account. Once your account is created, you will gain access to register for a tour and apply to UCDS. (If your child will not be 3 years old before September 1, 2023, create your account and select “Explore.” You will not be able to apply, but you can still register for a tour to get to know UCDS.)
If your child will not be 3 years old before September 1, visit Infant-Toddler Education for more information about enrollment.
Step 2: Connect with UCDS (In-Person Tour or Virtual Open House)
After creating your account in Ravenna, schedule either a tour or virtual open house. This is a required step in our process and the best way to learn about UCDS.
- Campus Tour: Prospective families will experience UCDS in action. The tour will begin with the Head of School sharing the UCDS philosophy and hallmark programs. Your tour guide will walk you throughout the campus to observe students and teachers in preschool through 5th-grade classrooms, as well as Specialist classrooms. The tour will end with an opportunity to talk with administrators and faculty. Parent/guardian tours are designed for adults only and conducted on school days from 9:00 am-11:00 am from October through January (dates listed in Ravenna)
- Virtual Open House: This virtual event is an online information session that will give prospective families an authentic look into classrooms. You will also hear from our Head of School, key administrators, and teachers. The event will conclude with a Q&A.
Talks with Tami
Step 3: Apply
In an effort to ensure the quality of our admission process and give applicants our most thoughtful consideration, UCDS only accepts 300 applications.
To secure your place in the application process, we strongly recommend submitting your preliminary application and $25 fee in Ravenna by early December. The deadline to submit all application materials is January 12, 2023.
The following supplemental materials are submitted and tracked through Ravenna and are due January 12, 2023:
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- IQ Testing (required for Kindergarten-5th grade applicants). Click here for more information.
- Transcripts (required for 1st grade -5th grade applicants)
Step 4: Student Visit
UCDS Visit Days are designed to be a fun experience for your child and to give them a chance to explore our school environment. Classrooms are set up like a regular school day with a variety of activities for your child to explore. Our goal is to meet your child in person and get to know their personality and the qualities that make them unique.
- Preschool and Prekindergarten Visit Days: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Kindergarten Visit Day: Friday, February 17, 2023
- Grades 1-5 Visit Days: Monday, January 9, 2023 and Monday, February 13, 2023
The Admission Office will contact you to schedule your child’s visit day and provide details about the visit.
Out-of-state Applicants: We encourage your child to visit on one of our scheduled dates, but can work with your family to accommodate your schedule. UCDS classrooms must be in session to host an applicant.
Step 5: Parent/Guardian Interview
The Parent/Guardian Interview serves a vital role by giving parents/guardians the opportunity to talk about their child(ren) in greater depth with faculty members. The interview is also the best time for you to ask any remaining questions you have about UCDS.
Parent/guardian interviews will be conducted virtually. Register for your parent interview in Ravenna. Interviews run approximately 15 to 20 minutes. All parents/guardians are required to be present for the interview (adults only please).
We Are Happy to Help
For more information, contact our Director of Enrollment Management & Communications,