Join us for the 2023 Math Workshop!
Date & details to be announced.
This five-day course is designed for pre-K and elementary educators. Participants will experience a fun and theme-based way to teach math across all the subject areas! This hands-on interactive course offers techniques for teaching math concepts through a variety of student learning style approaches. In addition, we highlight how to blend these varied techniques with traditional teaching methodologies and grade level requirements. Learn unique ways to use manipulatives for teaching new concepts, extending current understandings as well as for easy and detailed assessments. The techniques explored in this course will work in conjunction with your existing curricula. Whether you are a math expert or not, you will have fun while learning new techniques to take back to your classrooms.
- For teachers of pre-K through 5th grade
- Explore ways to use a theme to weave math into your literature, science, writing, and social studies projects.
- Differentiated and hands-on approach
- Learn how to introduce, refine and extend specific math concepts for your students through the use of hands-on materials.
- Develop teaching and assessment techniques that align with various levels of student understanding and curricular standards for each math strand.
- Apply these new concepts and techniques directly to your school’s current math curriculum
- All experience levels are welcome. Come and explore!
Meaningful, Hands-On Professional Development
The UCDS Institute hosts a variety of events, courses, and educational workshops throughout the year. Our offerings range from one-off evening seminars and speaker events to intensive, credit-bearing courses. Our instructors are experienced UCDS teachers and workshops are designed so that the techniques explored will work in conjunction with your existing curricula. Our expert faculty designs workshops and courses to be informative, hands-on and most of all, fun!
Recent Courses and Workshops
Constructing Mathematical Understanding
Lab Notebooks in the Pre-K & Elementary Classroom
Visual Arts and Design
The Art, Science, and Design Engineering of Kites
Innovation & Leadership
Flipping the Graduate School Model
Host a Workshop at Your School
Whether held on our Seattle campus or hosted at your school, UCDS Institute workshops are some of the most informative and fun professional development you’ll find anywhere! Contact us to learn more about how you can host or attend one of our events, courses, or workshops.