Programs, Partnerships, and Professional Growth
The UCDS Institute creates and cultivates professional development opportunities, innovative programs and educational partnerships. Like UCDS Schools, the Institute also operates as a non-profit, committed to promoting teacher excellence and enhancing education at UCDS and in the broader community.
Every resource associated with the UCDS Institute is designed by our faculty. The goal of the UCDS Institute is to provide all educators with access to quality professional development.
A Long History of Innovation
At UCDS, we thrive in an environment where learning and evolving is paramount. Our long history as a lab school lends itself to our innovative foundation of collaborative teaching and learning. Partnerships with other educators and researchers from around the world enable our faculty to hone their craft, evolve professionally and share ideas with others. This shared “growth mindset” culture is the Institute’s most valuable asset.
Learn More About our Programs
The UCDS Institute was established in 2001 and is supported by the John Neilson Endowment Fund.
Through the Institute, UCDS creates opportunities for teachers to:
- Access educational resources that help elevate their craft and directly benefit their students and colleagues.
- Learn from renowned national and international scholars.
- Earn a Graduate Degree in Education and/or School Leadership.
- Work beside a UCDS master teacher as a UCDS Resident.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with educators from local and national universities, public schools, and educational organizations.
- Share expertise and research with other educators through educational forums, community events, publishing opportunities and subject related courses.