Resident Teacher Program
The UCDS Resident Teacher Program offers a paid year-long, intensive, hands-on teaching experience. Creating a Resident cohort with diverse perspectives and backgrounds strengthens the quality of each Resident’s experience and our school’s culture.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year in mid-January 2020. Please check back then for application instructions.
Director of Technology
The Director of Technology is a creative and experienced professional who directs the organization’s overall technology environment. This is a full-time administrative leadership position responsible for leading the organization’s technology systems and vision. The Director of IT will ensure that technology effectively supports innovative teaching, learning and daily operations. UCDS functions through collaborative decision-making and team-building. As a result, the Director of Technology must be comfortable with collaborative decision-making, be able to work effectively in teams and be able to motivate staff to utilize technology effectively within their work areas.
Essential Job Functions
The Manager/Director of Technology’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Provide vision and leadership (facilitates the implementation of strategic initiatives and technology plans)
– Work effectively with leadership team
– Responsible for all technology systems and planning (Windows server, VMWare, Windows, Mac and mobile client systems, SaaS/Cloud systems, backup systems)
– Maintains infrastructure and network integrity (switches, firewall, design, security/privacy, wireless)
– Administers phone/voicemail system
– Creating and implementing annual and long-term technology budgets
– Develops annual and multi-year technology plans and ensures outcomes and objectives are reached
– Supervises a full time technology support specialist
– Develops and maintains effective relationships across the organization (including vendors/contractors)
– Reviewing and regularly updating technology policies (including Disaster Recovery Plan, Security Policy, etc.)
– Provide support for the school’s student information and billing system (Veracross)
– Provide support for the school’s financial and CRM system (Netsuite)
– Bachelors degree or 5 years relevant experience
– Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, families and community members who represent a wide range of comfort and familiarity with technology. Exhibits an understanding of “customer service” within the work environment
– Experienced in managing a multi-platform network/systems
– Has demonstrated leadership in technology planning
– Excellent communication skills, leadership and staff supervision/management
– Experience working in an education environment is preferred
– All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening
– Web and mobile programming and implementation experience a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to Hiring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
$90k-$105k with generous leave benefits, 10 paid holidays, 100% employee coverage for Healthcare (medical, dental, vision), matching 403B retirement plan, wellness benefit.
UCDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or any other legally protected status in its employment practices.