UCDS College for School Culture
UCDS uses the Ravenna Solutions online application system for admission to all of our programs. The system is designed primarily for preschool through 12th grade admissions. So, you will need to enter “parent” and “student” information. You will simply use your own information for all of these fields. We have included step-by-step guidance to help you through this process below. We expect that you will have questions, call us at 206-547-8237 (ask for graduate school admissions) and we’ll walk you through the Ravenna registration process or email CSC@ucds.org. We are happy to help!
To start your application or simply explore the application process, you will need to create an account in the Ravenna system.
Creating your Ravenna Account
- We recommend that you keep this webpage open in a separate window so that you can view it alongside the Ravenna site as you proceed through the process of creating an account.
- To begin, go to https://www.ravenna-hub.com/login, and click “Create an account” on the left side of the page.
- Enter your name and email address in the Parent/Guardian fields. Create a password, and verify your email address.
- On subsequent visits to this page, you will be able to login with your credentials. You can pause and come back to your application at any point in the process.
- You must complete all required fields marked with an asterisk.
- Current grade: select “N/A.”
- Applying to grade: select “PG” (for post-graduate).
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply.
- Demographic information is not considered as part of your application.
- You do not need to upload a photo.
- Complete household information for yourself, using your address and phone number.
- Enter yourself as Parent/guardian.
- Relationship to student, select “other.”
- In the employment section, write “N/A” in each of the three fields.
- Skip the optional fields for a second parent/guardian.
- Select “I prefer to decline answering this question.”
Creating Your Application
- Once you’ve completed your student profile and family information, click on “applications.”
- Select “Seattle area” as your primary region.
- Proceed through the Ravenna dashboard tour or you can click “skip.”
- Your applications page should indicate you are applying to: fall 2020.
In the Dashboard
- Click “apply to a school.”
- Filter by name, start typing “UCDS”
- Click “apply” to begin your application or to explore the application process. You can pause, logout and return as many times as you like before completing any steps of the application process.
Select the application
- For select student, select your name.
- You should be applying to “PG.”
- Type of application, select “Graduate School.”
- Select your choice for: how did you first hear about our school?
- Click “Apply.”
- If Ravenna posts a message, such as: this application is for the UCDS Graduate Program, click “Apply Anyway.”
- Ravenna should indicate that your application started successfully, click “Continue with the application process.”
- Nothing has been submitted for you at this point, you will complete and submit your initial application inside the application page.
Well done! Your profile is complete, and you will not need to repeat these steps again. Whenever you return to Ravenna, you will be able to click on your University Child Development School application and immediately return to your Ravenna Dashboard page. You can use the Dashboard to submit materials, track your application process, and contact us directly with any questions you may have.
Ravenna will update each application step once our office receives each step. We will consider candidates for admission once we have received and reviewed all of the following required materials:
- UCDS College for School Culture Application Form
- Application fee of $50
- Essay Questions Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Forms
- Graduate Interview
We look forward to getting to know you in the application process. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have at 206-547-8237 (ask for graduate school admissions) or CSC@ucds.org.
UCDS is excited to offer need-based scholarship funds for students enrolled in the Master of Education degree program. Applying for scholarship funds and applying for admissions at the UCDS College for School Culture are two separate processes. Detailed information about applying for scholarship funds can be found on our Scholarship page.